Hi, Welcome To My Blog!

We lose ourselves in books, we find ourselves there too.

God made the horse from the breath of the wind, the beauty of the earth, and the soul of an angel.

Monday, July 22, 2013

State!!

So we just got done with the Nebraska State Horse Show (and it is either not the same time as the state fair or it's in a different location, could be both)
I got all blue ribbons (which is good but I wish I had purples), and I feel I did good with not having enough practice.

The Events I showed in and how I did

Trial - blue
I didn't even know I was in trail, so when we got there it was kind of a surprise. The judges scored hard and I only made some small mistakes; and even though I didn't get a purple, I'm really proud of Harry and myself.  I did good for only a few hours to practice before the class. I also didn't really expect it to be perfect either because we have never really done trail at a hard level. It was pretty fun, too!

Horsemanship - blue
The judges scored pretty hard and only gave out two purples to my class. I kinda wish I would have done some stuff a little differently (even though I don't know what, maybe have slowed myself and Harry a bit more during the pattern). At the third cone in the pattern we were supposed to break down from loping on the left lead to a trot and then pick up the right lead and lope straight (aka a simple lead change). Harry got a little nervous and didn't break down right away so we were late. That cost us the purple. Plus he was kinda naughty on the rail. I guess I'll have to watch that for next year.

Pleasure - blue
Out of my class only to got purples and made it to finals, so it was another hard judge.
Harry and I did pretty good, except right in the beginning. We had to enter at a trot and I should have started further back from the gate. But I didn't. My fault. He was kind of fast when he entered, and then got stuck on the rail boxed in a bit and broke gate for a sec. It was only a small second, but the judge saw it. The rest of the time he did good. Especially the lope. His trot needs worked on though, and that is something I will have to prepare for next year.

Reining - blue
This I am kind of mad and disappointed about. It wasn't exactly my fault, but I should have noticed this during practice and been working on it. Toby has been calming down the last two shows, so I was really excited and happy. He's getting better! The pattern started out pretty good. A little wobble in the first set of spins, but no problem. He was relaxed and everything was alright till the lead change. For some reason he would absolutely would not change right to left. So for two whole circles he was on the wrong lead (switching the front back and forth my sister said), that took us out of  the purples and final. The rest of the pattern was okay though and he only got a little bit excited for the run downs.
     The lead change cost me 8 points, so if he would have changed I would have had a 65 (a 70 being perfect). Normally this isn't a great score (it's okay, but... ), but I heard from other riders that the judge was scoring super low. The girl that won the senior division had a 64 1/2 and thought that was high compared to the others. (My sister accidentally over spun during trials, so that was an automatic DQ).

 Even though this is (probably) my only and last year on Toby and in the Juniors division and I didn't win anything, I'm still happy about it. If Toby is actually staring to relax in shows and do better, than I'm happy with what I have. Plus, maybe my sister will change her mind in a few years and I'll get to ride Toby again!!  

- Willey  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment