Hi, Welcome To My Blog!

We lose ourselves in books, we find ourselves there too.

God made the horse from the breath of the wind, the beauty of the earth, and the soul of an angel.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fable and The Silver Siren And The Mystery Book

Hi, its been a while since I have last posted. School is keeping me really busy along with other stuff.

     Anyways, Fable by Chanda Hahn came out a little while ago! I read it within less than a day after it came out. It was sooooo amazing. Fable is a part of the Unfortunate Fairy Tales Series. Enchanted is the 1st book in that series and Fairest is the 2nd.
     I have also been waiting for The Silver Siren (the third book in the Iron Butterfly Series) to come out. I have read both the Iron Butterfly and Steele Wolf and have completely loved them.
     Heres the link to Chanda Hahn's blogspot, you should check it out:
 http://chandahahn.blogspot.com/
     I really love all of Chanda's books and I can't wait for more to come out. I'm so excited!


The Mystery Book -
Okay, so there is this book I read a really long time ago and its been bugging me for the past couple of days. I want to find it again, but I can't remember it really well and I don't know what the title was or who the author is. I can remember certain scenes in the book but not all of it. I think it might have been a series and maybe the other books weren't out then or maybe it was just a single book. I'll describe some of the things that I remember, maybe you can help me figure out what it was called. (Some of it's not in order)
The synopsis said something about:
Life was normal until the day she  raised a dead raven(or maybe it was a crow) back to life.

The main character worked in a bookstore owned by her uncle I think. And the other main character was their newly hired assistant, that was really part of some organization against the bad guys and was supposed to keep and eye on her (I think, maybe). All of a sudden one day crows(or ravens) start falling out of the sky and dying. When her uncle sees them crashing into the store window he freaks out and hides the girl in like the basement or something. I think the uncle said something about every so many years they come to collect people or something (I'm not exactly sure, some of the stuff I might be mixing up with another book). The uncle knew more about either her powers or what the ravens were for. Anyways, a bird gets down the chimney in the basement and dies. She touches it and it comes back to life and flies out before they can catch it. That's when they discover she has powers. The bad guys had sent the birds in to look for her (someone that can bring dead things to life). When they saw the bird fly up they knew some one with powers existed (I think they called them a special name). The uncle hides her in a secret space before the bad guys come and burn the store down. I think the uncle gets captured. 
   There's another part I remember were she tries to get on this train thing (and there is a bunch of other people on it, I think it was the people the bad guys took, including her uncle). She gets caught, but the other kid saves her and at one point he lit off a bunch of fireworks. The train takes them to a giant city and I think the capture people are sold off as servants. 
   There's also a part were she is standing in this weird circle on the floor of an abandoned library, and she does something with her powers, anyways the building gets destroyed. (that's towards the end I think)
   The other kids brother or cousin or something used to be the servant for one of the bad guys (the bad guys knows who the kid is and hates him, I think for something with his brother). 
    She also at some point discovers others (I'm not sure if they had powers like her or were just against the bad guys, I think they might have been part of the organization the 2nd character was from) and some of them don't like her and they live underground or something. The bad guys take her from there and kill someone while they are at it. 
   There's also something where she can hear shades whispering to her and is supposed to/wants to help them or trys to at least and they help her at some point. There is some weird circle symbol that she is supposed to use to help them and her. 
    She also goes down this big hole to an ancient, extremely large, underground library to find some special book. Down there she finds they are using her uncle and others to find the book and her uncle knows something about where it is.
   The bad guys also capture her again and perform tests on her trying to figure out all that she can do, at one point I think they dunk her in a tank of water. She gets free though, I think the other character or his brother helps her. 

I don't remember how it ends though. There are parts I can remember really well and it plays like a scene in my head, but others are kind of fuzzy and I don't remember them very well. I'm not sure if you can even understand the above stuff, but if you recognize the book (or series) I'm talking about then please leave a comment.



- Willey  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment