Hi, Welcome To My Blog!

We lose ourselves in books, we find ourselves there too.

God made the horse from the breath of the wind, the beauty of the earth, and the soul of an angel.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

AQHA World


http://www.equinechronicle.com/


Hey! I just came back from the AQHA World Show. (AQHYA > American Quarter Horse Youth Association). My sister and a friend of mine showed in the youth reining. She didn't make it to finals, but had a really amazing run. In the beginning the judges were scoring really high, awful horses got 68's and 70's. (A 70 is supposed to be perfect.) But towards the end of the day the scores dropped even though the horses got better. Unfortunately my sister and my friend had later draws. So it was really unfair. The judges should have stayed constant in their scoring. Both would have made finals if they had.

Also they kept watering the arena and it got wet and sticky, which makes stopping good hard. They were trying to keep it fair, as the officials said; but they weren't. The ground wasn't drying very much and they just kept watering it every 8 horses.

But other than that and it being extremely hot, I had a lot of fun. I met some really nice people and made some more friends. And I got some really cool new shirts. The only good thing about the heat is there were hardly any flies and it wasn't humid. If it would have been that humid and hot, I probably would have just melted into a puddle on the ground. haha



- Willey  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment